Break the Snake
Format: Two or three snakes inside gym
Set Up: Use boundaries to create an appropriate size play area as needed.
- Put the kids in groups of 7-8 with a trainer in each group.
- Have the kids all connect hands and stand side-by-side.
- The line leader will start moving and the others try to follow, while continuing to hold hands.
- Line leader should not sprint, but use movements such as skipping, hopping, slow jog or galloping.
- The leader’s aim is to move so that the others cannot keep their hands together.
- When the line (snake) is “broken,” the snake leader goes to the far end of the line.
- The snake then reforms and the game resumes. Change the leader every minute no matter if the snake has broken or not.
- The goal is to move up towards the head of the snake as the game progresses