Format: Running and rolling balls
Materials: Hula Hoops or cones and balls
Set up: Put the kids in teams of 6 – 8 and give each team 3 hula hoops and/or 3 cones, cups etc.
Object: Protect your castle and knock down others
- Each team uses 3 hula hoops and/or 3 cones to make a structure (castle). Give the kids one minute to do this.
- Balls are placed randomly around the gym or field.
- Once all castles are built each team has to nominate 1-2 people to guard the castle. The other team members run around and try to knock down other castles.
- You can knock down a castle by rolling a ball into it.
- Guards need to be a body’s length away from their own castle while guarding.
- If your castle gets knocked over, then your team will do 5 burpees together and then rebuild your castle in order to continue playing.
- Other teams cannot knock down the castle while it is being rebuilt.
- After 2 minutes of playing, blow the whistle and tell the kids to switch up guards. This gives everyone a chance.