Format: Running Relay
Materials: 2-4 play yard balls
Set Up: Divide the class into groups of 10-15
Object: Work as a team and get the ball around the circle before the other team.
- Have each group of 10-15 form a big circle
- Pick a kid in each circle to be the starter and hand him/her a ball.
- When the whistle blows he/she runs around the circle holding the ball until he/she gets back to their original spot and quickly passes the ball to the person next to him/her.
- The next person repeats until each kid has done this and the ball ends up back at the starter.
- Make it a competition among all of the circles and play it a few times. The kids can cheer on their team and have fun.