Down Down Down
Format: Break kids up into partners or small groups
Materials: 1 small ball per pair or group of kids
Set Up: Set pairs of kids or small groups evenly throughout the play area.
Object: Hand eye coordination, catching and tossing, team work.
- Have players find a partner or small team of 3, scatter, and stand across from one another or in a small circle.
- On the signal “GO” or when the music starts, kids begin tossing the ball back and forth until someone drops it.
- When the ball is dropped, the kid who threw the ball says “Down on one knee,” and the kid who dropped it has to continue playing from one knee.
- If the same kid drops the ball again, the kid who threw the ball says “Down on two knees,” then “Down on one elbow,” and then “Down on two elbows,” and finally “Down on your chin”.
- The kid has to stay in the position he or she is in to catch and throw the ball, and the throw must be catchable. Encourage the kids to throw gently.