Fishy Fishy Cross My Ocean
Format: Individual activity
Set Up: Kids spread out across gym or field; there is a safety zone at each side of the field.
Object: Last fish left is the winner.
- There are 5 sharks and the remaining kids are fish. The fish try to cross ocean when they hear “fishy, fishy cross my ocean” cued by the sharks.
- Sharks chase after fish and if a fish is caught, he/she becomes a shark.
- Fish can rest in safety zone after crossing until next command is communicated.
- Play for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Tips: Call the kids out by grade or color group to manage safety.
- Allow the sharks to be the trainers or a certain grade and then alternate.
- Have the sharks wear pinnies, so the fish know who to run from.