Flag Tag or Tail Tag
Format: Individual activity
Materials: Tail or flag (cut up some old sheets or use plastic grocery bags)
Set Up: Kids spread out across gym or field.
Object: Pull out tails; try to get as many tails as possible.
- Kids put tails into side of pants, pocket or belt.
- Kids run around the gym trying to pull out tails, while keeping their own tail.
- If kid’s tail is pulled, he/she can keep playing, but as soon as the kid collects another tail, he/she must put it back into side of pants and then re-enter the game.
- Alternatively, a trainer can make extra bags available if needed.
- Keep playing for 5 minutes.
- When time is called, see who has collected the most bags to determine a “winner”