Capture the Flag
Set up: Set up a jail zones on each side of the play area. Create the center boundary line that divides the two teams/sides. Put equal amount of bean bags (“flags”) on the far end of each team’s space. Put one team in pinnies.
Object: To be the first team to capture the “flags” and get them back to your teams side without being tagged and sent to jail
- Whistle blows and kids start running to steal opponents “flags”.
- Kids can get tagged once they cross the boundary to the other team’s area.
- If tagged, kids go to opponent’s jail.
- To get out of jail, another teammate must tag you and free you without getting caught. When leaving jail you get a free walk back to your side, but the kid that did the releasing does not.
- Kids can make a chain in jail by linking arms and the only one kid needs to get tagged for them to all get released.
- If a kid gets a “flag” but then gets tagged they need to return the “flag” to its original spot and go to jail.
- First team to capture all the “flags” without getting sent to jail wins!